Gravitation Notes Class 11 Physics CBSE Study Material Complete Chapter free Download pdf
The Gravitation is one of the important chapters of the Class 11th Physics. Students can easily cover the chapter with the help of the Gravitation Class 11 notes. In the notes, all the concepts and topics are explained in a creative and precise manner.
CBSE Class 11 Physics Notes pdf for chapter Gravitation are provided here for class 11 students so that they can prepare and score high marks in their CBSE Class 11 Physics board exam.
CBSE Class 11 Physics Notes pdf for chapter Gravitation are created by subject experts of ANAND CLASSES based on the latest CBSE syllabus and exam pattern. It also lays the foundation of many concepts which are commonly asked in board exams and in many competitive exams such as JEE & NEET.
What is Gravitation?
Gravitation or gravity is the force of attraction between any two bodies. All the objects in the universe attract each other with a certain amount of force, but in most cases, the force is too weak to be observed due to the very large distance of separation. Besides, gravity’s range is infinite, but the effect becomes weaker as objects move away.
This force of attraction was first observed by Sir Isaac Newton and was presented as Newton’s law of gravitation in the year 1680. However, gravitation can generally exist in two main instances.
1. Gravitation may be the attraction of objects by the earth
If a body (ball) is thrown upwards, it reaches a certain height and falls downwards because of the gravity of the earth.
2. Gravitation may be the attraction of objects in outer space.
The force of attraction between the other planets and the sun.
What Is Gravitational Force?
Each body in this universe attracts other bodies towards itself with a force known as Gravitational Force. Thus, gravitation is a study of the interaction between two masses. Out of the two masses, the heavier one is called source mass, and the lighter one is called test mass.
Gravitational force is a central force which depends only on the position of the test mass from the source mass and always acts along the line joining the centres of the two masses.
The core problem of gravitation has always been in understanding the interaction between the two masses and their relativistic effects.
What is Newton’s Law of Gravitation?
According to Newton’s law of gravitation, every particle in the universe attracts every other particle with a force whose magnitude is,
- Directly proportional to the product of their masses, i.e., F ∝ (M1M2) . . . . (1)
- Inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centre, i.e., (F ∝ 1/r2) . . . . (2)
On combining equations (1) and (2), we get,
F ∝ M1M2/r2
F = G × [M1M2]/r2 . . . . (7)
Or, f(r) = GM1M2/r2 [f(r) is a variable, non-contact, and conservative force]
As f(r) varies inversely as a square of ‘r,’ it is also known as the inverse square law force. The proportionality constant (G) in the above equation is known as the gravitational constant.
The dimension formula of G is [M-1L3T-2]. Also, the value of the gravitational constant,
- In SI units: 6.67 × 10-11 Nm2 kg-2,
- In CGS units: 6.67×10-8 dyne cm2 g-2
Newton’s law of universal gravitation shows us that the gravitational force (F) of attraction between two substances let their masses be (m1) and (m2), separated by the distance (r)
F = Gm1m2/r2
Gravitational force is explained using Newton’s law of gravitation. Gravitational force decides how much we weigh and how far a ball travels when thrown before it lands on the ground.
What is Kepler’s Law of Planetary Motion?
Kepler’s laws of planetary motion state that:
(a) All planets move in elliptical orbits with the Sun at one of the focal points
(b) The radius vector drawn from the Sun to a planet sweeps out equal areas in equal time intervals. This follows from the fact that the force of gravitation on the planet is central, and hence angular momentum is conserved.
(c) The square of the orbital period of a planet is proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of the elliptical orbit of the planet
Frequently Asked Questions on CBSE Class 11 Physics Notes Gravitation
What is the Newton’s Law of Gravitation?
It states that any particle of matter in the universe attracts any other with force varying directly as the product of the masses and inversely as the square of the distance between them.
What does planetary motion mean?
Three laws were devised by Johannes Kepler to define the mechanics of planetary motion.
What is the Gravitational constant?
The universal gravitational constant relates the magnitude of the gravitational attractive force between two bodies to their masses and the distance between them.
Gravitation Notes PDF
The Gravitation Class 11 notes are considered to be important study material throughout the preparation. As it helps students to understand the chapter Gravitation in many different ways. One of the important ways is by practising questions given in the chapter Gravitation notes. By practising many questions students can increase their overall score in the examination by performing too well in the examination.
Gravitation Class 11 Physics Full Chapter Study Material pdf free download
The Class 11 Physics notes is a written explanation for every passage or concepts included in the chapter Gravitation. These Gravitation notes are available in the Portable Document Format. The PDF of the Class 11 Physics Notes can be easily downloaded without any difficulty. With the help of the downloaded revision notes, Class 11 students can pay attention to the chapter Gravitation to be able to perform well in the board examinations as well as in the competition exam.
Features of the Gravitation Class 11 Notes
Features are considered to be an important or noticeable part of the Gravitation Class 11 notes. Those important features are:
- Explanations are Provided: In the Gravitation notes, explanations are provided to each and every topic as well as definitions. According to the explanations, students can understand the chapter Gravitation in a fine way.
- Different Types of Questions are Included: Inside the Class 11 Gravitation notes, different types of questions are included. Those questions are: example questions, objective type questions, very short type answers, short type questions, long type questions, numerical problems, etc.
- Simple Language: These Class 11 Physics notes are created by subject matter experts in a very easy and simple language. It is formed in an easy language so that Class 11 students can understand each topic and question of the chapter Gravitation.
- Colourful Content are Given: Content included in the Class 11 Gravitation notes are in a colourful manner. This colourful content can attract many Class 11 students to cover the chapter Gravitation in a proper way.
- Hints and Solutions are Provided: To tackle the questions given in Gravitation Class 11 Notes, students can refer to the Hints and Solutions given in the PDF file of Class 11 Revision Notes of Gravitation. With the help of hints and solutions, students can not only tackle the questions but can develop a good understanding in the overall chapter.
Advantages of the Gravitation Class 11 Notes
Completing the chapter with the help of Gravitation Class 11 notes can provide good results to students. This is one of the important advantage of Class 11 Physics notes, other than this are:
- Helps to Memorise Topics: With the help of Class 11 Physics notes, students can easily memorise topics discussed in the chapter Gravitation.
- Summary is Given: After covering all topics of the chapter Gravitation, a brief summary is given. Through the summary, students can get an idea about the important topics and definitions.
- A Quick Revision Can Be Done: With the help of Class 11 Physics notes, students can have a quick revision of the chapter Gravitation. Through the last minute revision, students can identify the weak points for the chapter Gravitation.
- All Topics are Covered: In the Gravitation notes, all the topics and concepts are covered in an elaborate manner. Understanding the topics and concepts in a detailed way can help students to increase their comprehensive skills.
- Increases the Accuracy Level: Routine exercise of questions from the chapter Gravitation can help students to increase their accuracy level. Accuracy level mainly helps Class 11 students to increase their quality in giving answers for the chapter Gravitation.
When Is The Right Time To Go Through Gravitation Class 11 Notes?
After having a brief knowledge about the chapter Gravitation, students can look through the Gravitation Class 11 notes. With the help of notes, students can recall all topics and concepts of Gravitation in a better way.
Although, generally, it is advised to all the students to use the revision notes on a weekly basis to recall the previous learnings. Along with this, using the Gravitation Class 11 notes at the time of exam preparation helps a lot so, using the Class 11 Physics Notes during exam preparation can be the right time.
Why is it Important for Class 11 Students to Refer to the Gravitation Class 11 Notes?
It is necessary for Class 11 students to refer to the Gravitation Class 11 notes as it can aid to progress in the chapter. It is also important to refer as it provides many important contents from concepts to important formulas and derivation. Necessary information included in the Class 11 Physics notes are: definitions, concepts, topics, questions, etc.