Digital Image Processing GNDU Msc Computer Science & IT E-Content Lecture Notes Books pdf Study Material online Download|Anand Classes|Neeraj K Anand
I strongly believe that the Almighty God alone plans every thing that happens in the world. So, I sincerely thanks the Almighty God for showering his blessings upon me and using me to write this book.I wish to express my deep sense of gratitude to my colleagues and students whom encouragement and co-operation have been source of great inspiration to me. I am thankful to my father Sh. Om Prakash Anand, my son Param Anand and my dear wife Neetu Anand for bringing me out this book. I hope that this edition of the book will prove to be more useful to the Science and Engineering students. Any suggestions for further improvement of the book will be gratefully acknowledged by the both author and publisher. Finally, we would like to thank my colleagues in the various Institutes whom have encouraged and assisted us to make our best efforts in bringing out this book.
NIT – Warangal, Telangana
Neeraj K. Anand
In The Everlasting Memory of My Mother
Late Smt. Nirmal Anand
About The BookA comprehensive guide to programming with network sockets, implementing Internet protocols, designing IoT devices, and much more with C.
- Leverage your C or C++ programming skills to build powerful network applications
- Get to grips with a variety of network protocols that allow you to load web pages, send emails, and do much more
- Write portable network code for operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and macOS
Book DescriptionNetwork programming, a challenging topic in C, is made easy to understand with a careful exposition of socket programming APIs. This book gets you started with modern network programming in C and the right use of relevant operating system APIs. This book covers core concepts, such as hostname resolution with DNS, that are crucial to the functioning of the modern web. You’ll delve into the fundamental network protocols, TCP and UDP. Essential techniques for networking paradigms such as client-server and peer-to-peer models are explained with the help of practical examples. You’ll also study HTTP and HTTPS (the protocols responsible for web pages) from both the client and server perspective. To keep up with current trends, you’ll apply the concepts covered in this book to gain insights into web programming for IoT. You’ll even get to grips with network monitoring and implementing security best practices. By the end of this book, you’ll have experience of working with client-server applications, and be able to implement new network programs in C.
What you will learn
- Uncover cross-platform socket programming APIs
- Implement techniques for supporting IPv4 and IPv6
- Understand how TCP and UDP connections work over IP
- Discover how hostname resolution and DNS work
- Interface with web APIs using HTTP and HTTPS
- Acquire hands-on experience with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Apply network programming to the Internet of Things (IoT)