Click the link below to View the chapter – Introduction To Data Structures
Click Here To View The Chapter
For Full Screen View, keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + Shift – F
Data Structure Lecture Notes EBooks Study Material Download pdf for BCA BSc IT BSc Computer Science|Anand Technical Publishers|Neeraj K Anand
Web Developer – How to become a Web Developer
Web Developer has become one of the most sorts after career options amongst the present-day youth. “What is your website address?” or “what is your email address?” have become the two most frequently asked questions of present times. These words “website” and “email address” have assumed larger than life importance as they have attained the status of identity for the individual or an organization they belong to.
Time is not that far away when a website address or an email address will be considered as the most appropriate and authentic identity of an individual/organization. But to make a good website one has to take the services of web professionals like Web Developers, Web Designers, Programmers, Data Base Administrators, etc.
Web Developers are those professionals who take care of the functionality of the website contrary to the Web Designers who have expertise in placement, colors, alignment, visual aesthetics, and other issues to make a website look good. However, a really good Web Developer can also have abilities to architect a site that will make sense and function effectively. With the internet becoming larger with every passing year, as more and more people come online and more and more businesses build larger presences, the incentives to become a Web Developer has become even larger. To beat the competition and be in the top ranks in this fast-growing field of web development one has to be aptly qualified & efficient in the use of web development tools and software. To be a web developer one has to follow the below-given path.
Web Developer Eligibility
Though no specific essential educational qualification is required to be a web developer except thorough practical knowledge of a combination of different web development tools and software required to make a website at the same time if you want to work with a reputed organization you should preferably have a degree or diploma in Computer application (web designing). However, higher the qualification and more the experience of the web development wider will be the scope for getting the work in various organizations of repute.
The minimum age to work in the organized sector is 18 years and the Maximum age is from 25 to 40 years depending upon the experience and quality of work as well as the organization one is applying.
Web Developer Required Skills
- Along with all the technical skills and knowledge required to make an effective website the Web Developers need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills as they have to work in a team and effective communication is a must for the expected outcome of the project.
- Web Developer needs to possess a solid hold on graphic design and must have exceptional time management capabilities.
- Analytical mind with an ability to troubleshoot issues efficiently and effectively are other required skills for a Web Developer
- The ability to grasp new technologies and remain up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards and trends can be added advantage for a Web Developer.
How to Become a Web Developer?
To be a web developer one has to follow the given steps:
After passing plus two the aspiring web developers have to apply for the degree or diploma course in computer application (web designing) like BCA, B.Sc Computer science, MCA, etc to name a few, which is being offered by many private and public technical and web designing institutions throughout the country. However, some reputed institutes with limited seats may take an aptitude test before granting admission to their institutions.
During their studies, the aspiring candidates can choose any of the following web development types and can specialize in their area of interest. There are different kinds of web developers for different sections of a website i.e.
- The middleware, or business logic layer, contains any and all commands sent from the interface to some other component. Languages that rule the roost here are PHP, JSP, ASP, and Cold fusion.
- The backend system is where all the data lives-either in XML files, flat TXT files, or a database system like MySQL or Oracle.
After completion of graduation and acquiring the knowledge and skills to use the development tools one can apply against the vacancies lying vacant in various website development companies. For a decent job, the aspiring candidates should build a portfolio that includes a variety of websites they have developed. Freelance working can be another flexible option to the budding web developers with the knowledge of:-
- PHP or some other server-side language ( to do the work)
To do it effectively, you’ve to know
- libraries and frameworks
- a bug tracking system
- Subversion or some other revision control system
- Linux command line
To do it competitively well the Web Developer must be well aware of:
- separation of concerns (MVC, etc)
- customer relations
- HTTP protocol
Web Developer Job Description
Web Developer Job responsibilities include:
- Creating website layout and user interface by using web development tools like HTML or CSS etc.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases with the code.
- Creating and maintaining software documentation for a better understanding of the website structure in future upgrades.
- Remain updated for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the site with the help of the latest technology.
- Be aware of emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- Work with Web Designers and other Web Development teams to create the best possible website.
Web Developer Career Prospects
Career prospects for a budding web developer are quite high as there is no dearth of jobs in various multinational IT companies but the buzzword is that the aspiring candidates should be well competent in their area of work. Once got a break there is no stopping back for the web developers with a bit of experience and a strong portfolio of work.
Web Developer Salary
Web Developer can get Rs.40,000 to Rs.50,000 to start with, some experience along with good creative skills can get him as high as Rs.60,000 and even more than that.
Difference between a Web Developer and a Web Designer
A Web Designer is someone who has training in visual design that includes expertise in placement, colors, alignment, visual aesthetics, and other issues to make the website look good.
Web Developers are professionals whose focus is on the effective functioning of the website. Web developers will make sure that the site actually does something besides good to watch and be pretty.
A really good Web Developer can also be a Web Designer, who helps you architect a site that will make sense for your needs.